136 Sandy Lane
4 Bed, 3 Bath, 3195 Sqft, 1.36 Acres
Situated just 20 miles east of Austin, the quaint town of Elgin maintains a distinct character and charm that cannot be achieved in a big city. Recognized on the National Register of Historic Places, the small town has a lovely historic downtown area boasting great restaurants and other amenities. Homes within the community consist primarily of ranches, traditional single-family homes and newer subdivision homes. [Read more about Elgin...]
|All Listings||$200,000 - $300,000||$300,000 - $400,000|
|$400,000 - $500,000||$500,000 - $600,000||$600,000 - $700,000|
|$700,000 - $800,000||$800,000 - $900,000||$900,000 - $1,000,000|
4 Bed, 3 Bath, 3195 Sqft, 1.36 Acres
5 Bed, 4 Bath, 2555 Sqft, 2.68 Acres
4 Bed, 3 Bath, 2440 Sqft, 3 Acres
Keller Williams Realty
Recognized as a major regional food destination and known as the “Sausage Capital of Texas” for its locally-made sausage, Elgin is a food lover’s dream. The community also offers a number of small town amenities, including a beautiful historic downtown square reminiscent of the 19th and early-20th centuries. Many of the buildings within the downtown area were constructed from bricks made in the town.
Town-wide celebrations and events take place within the community on a regular basis. Children’s sports leagues, such as Little League, Pop Warner football, cheerleading, baseball and soccer are also available within the community. Regularly scheduled fairs, cook offs, music performances, holiday celebrations and a farmers’ market take place in the town each year.
Most homes within the town of Elgin are within the Elgin Independent School District (ISD). The district is comprised of seven schools, including Elgin Elementary North, Elgin Elementary South, Booker T. Washington Elementary, Neidig Elementary, Elgin Middle School, Elgin High School and Phoenix High School. The district, which serves over 4,000 students, has been rated “Recognized” by the Texas Education Agency.
The history of Elgin dates back to 1869 following a major flood of the Colorado River. Following the flooding, the Houston and Texas Central Railroad built through the area and placed a train depot in the center of the land. The town became incorporated in 1872 with much of its population coming from nearby Perryville. By 1879, it was described as a thriving depot town with a population of 400. The community grew steadily through the 20th century and became the site of two big brick and tile plants in 1940. Other industries soon followed.
Today, the community boasts a population of around 9,000 residents. While the homes near downtown tend to be older, many have undergone extensive upgrades and feature modern amenities. These traditional homes generally feature large private yards with mature trees. The newer subdivisions within the town tend to be located west of the downtown area. These homes, which are particularly popular among those who commute to Austin, tend to offer spacious fenced yards, large living areas and modern amenities.
The information being provided is for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Based on information from the Austin Board of REALTORS® (alternatively, from ACTRIS) from June 30th, 2022 at 10:29pm CDT. Neither the Board nor ACTRIS guarantees or is in any way responsible for its accuracy. The Austin Board of REALTORS®, ACTRIS and their affiliates provide the MLS and all content therein "AS IS" and without any warranty, express or implied. Data maintained by the Board or ACTRIS may not reflect all real estate activity in the market.
All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified.