If you are looking for a place to cool down in Austin, you will be happy to know that there are plenty of public swimming pools available for your enjoyment. Here is a look at just a few:
- Barton Springs Pool – located near Barton Hills, this pool can be found on 3 acres of hillside land. It features a shallow end for children as well as a deep end where floats are permitted to be used. The average temperature of this pool, which is fed by a natural spring, is 68 degrees throughout the year.
- Clarksville Wading Pool – a small wading pool located in Clarksville.
- Deep Eddy Pool – part of the Deep Eddy Bathing Beach, this pool is large enough to swim laps or to simply relax in the wading pool. On summer nights, a large movie screen is set up by the pool and family friendly films are shown.
- Eastwoods Wading Pool – a small wading pool located in Eastwoods.
- Shipe Pool – a neighborhood pool located in Hyde Park.
- Stacy Pool – located in Travis Heights on donated land, this pool is open year round and offers a higher temperature than Barton Springs Pool. This is because the water pumped in by the city is 100 degrees, while the water added from the well is much cooler. This results in a temperature that remains a somewhat constant 80 degrees.
- Ramsey Pool – a neighborhood pool located in Rosedale.
So, if you are ready to cool down and you are looking for a place to do it, you will find plenty of places to go in Austin!